This is to inform all suitably and qualified candidate that the management of Yobe State University (YSU) is inviting aspirants for a Postgraduate degree in YSU. Admission screening exercise for Postgraduate students for the 2018/2019 academic session has commenced.
Yobe State University (YSU) offers programmes leading to the award of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Masters (Academic and Professional) and Postgraduate Diploma in various Faculties and in the areas specified under each Department, for 2018/2019 Academic Session.
1. FACULTY OF ARTS AND EDUCATION
(i) Department of Arabic
- M. A. and Ph. D. Arabic (Linguistics)
- M. A. and Ph. D. Arabic (Literature)
(ii) Department of Education
- M. Ed. and Ph. D. Educational Administration and Planning
- M. Ed. and Ph. D. Educational Psychology
- M. Ed. and Ph. D. Guidance and Counseling
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
(iii) Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. and Ph. D. Islamic Studies (Fiqh and Usul Fiqh)
- M. A. and Ph. D. Islamic Studies (Usuluddeen)
2. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
i. Department of Chemistry
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Analytical Chemistry)
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry)
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. (Physical Chemistry)
3. FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
i.) Department of Geography
- M. Sc. Geography (Specialisation in Population)
- M. Sc. Geography (Specialisation in Rural Development)
- M. Sc. Geography (Specialisation in Climatology)
a. Master’s Degree
i) A First Degree in the relevant subject, with a minimum of Second Class Honours, of the Yobe State University or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
ii) Any other qualification, together with relevant experience which is deemed to be acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate Studies and the Senate of the Yobe State University.
b. Doctor of Philosophy Degree
i) A Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with ‘B’ Average Grade, from any University recognized by the Senate of Yobe State University, Damaturu.
c. Postgraduate Diploma
i) A First Degree in the relevant subject of the Yobe State University or any other University recognised by the Senate of this University.
ii) HND or HND with any other recognized professional qualification in the relevant/related subject with a minimum of Lower Credit.
- Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of =N=7, 000 naira for the purchase of Scratch Card
- Payment is to be made to ZENITH BANK, PLC with Account Number– 1015396870
- Upon payment, candidates are to get application forms online @ www.pgschool.ysu.edu.ng
- The sales of Scratch Card for Online Application begins on Monday, 17th September, 2018 and closes on Friday, 26th October, 2018.
HOW TO FILL THE POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION FORM
- The Applicant should provide all information sought in the Application Form. Application with incomplete information shall not be treated as valid.
- Proposed Programme including area of specialization (if any) should be clearly stated.
- Applicants should ensure that their Official Transcripts of Academic Records are forwarded to the School of Postgraduate Studies in earnest. Applications without Official Transcripts of Academic Records shall not be processed.
- A candidate can apply for admission to only one (1) Degree or Diploma Programme at any given time.
Note: Duly completed Online Application Forms should reach the School of Postgraduate Studies, on or before Wednesday, 31st October, 2018