The NYSC scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war. The unfortunate antecedents in our national history gave impetus to the establishment of the National Youth Service Corps by decree No.24 of 22nd May 1973 which stated that the NYSC is being established “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”. As a developing country.
The purpose of the scheme is primarily to inculcate in Nigerian Youths the spirit of selfless service to the community, and to emphasize the spirit of oneness and brotherhood of all Nigerians, irrespective of cultural or social background.
However, if you are signing in for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation program, there is the need to know how to go about it. We have listed out registration guides to help you with know-how.
This applies to all Prospective Corps Members (PCMs)
- Log on to portal.nysc.org.ng or www.nysc.gov.ng or www.nysc.org.ng
- Prospective Corps Members (PCMs), must have functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- PCMs who graduated from Nigerian higher institutions are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
- PCMs who are locally-trained graduates, should ensure to check their names in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their institution. https://icmaxblog.com/posts/your-nysc-mobilization-status-on-jamb-list/
- Foreign-trained PCM should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
- Foreign-trained graduates are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent. First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or PhD not necessary). Transcript of the first Degree or HND. International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
- PCMs who studied in non-English speaking countries are to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
- PCMs who are graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Foreign-trained graduates will no longer visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment and should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Documents presented should all be genuine. Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
- PCMs should ensure that Passport photographs used Is inline with the following; (i.) Face is fully shown without bending. (ii.) The picture fills the frame and centralized. (iii.) The Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- PCMs should never allow some one register for them while they are away as registration involves the use of finger print capture (Biometric). They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps.
- PCMs who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- PCMs who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- Married female PCMs (both locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- Pregnant and nursing prospective Corps mothers will it be accommodated in the orientation Camp.
WATCH OUT THIS PAGE AS WE WOULD KEEP IT UPDATED WITH NECESSARY NYSC REGISTRATION GUIDE FOR ALL PROSPECTIVE CORPS MEMBERS.
DROP YOUR COMMENTS IN OUR COMMENT SECTION BELOW.