The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, scheme has received a new mantle of leadership. Major General Sulaiman Zakari Kazaure who was former DG of the Scheme has handed over the power of leadership to Brigadier-General Shuaibu Ibrahim, who is currently the new DG of the NYSC Scheme.
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim has taken over leadership of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC. He assumed duty on 10th May, 2019. A crowd of NYSC staff gathered and attended his ceremony. The DG in his speech, during the ceremony, promised to sustain all achievements of his predecessors. He also said he is ready to take the Scheme to new heights that will be admired and possibly, envied.
He added that his vision involves the sustenance of effective utilization of the potentials of Corps Members and pursue a technologically
The out-gone Director-Genera
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim is from Nasarawa state, Nasarawa Local Government area. He attended the University of Jos where He badged his Bachelors and Masters degrees. He went on to obtain his PGDE from Tai Solarin University of Education, and holds a PhD in history from University of Abuja.
He has served in various capacities since his commissioning into the Nigerian Army.
His postings include;
- Research Officer, Institute of Army Education (IAE)
- Military Assistant to NYSC DG 1996-1999.
- Lecturer, Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna 2000-2004.
- Staff Officer 1, Military History, National Defence College (NDC), 2004-2009.
- Senior Instructor, Nigerian Army School of Education 2009-2011.
- Staff Officer 1, Books Resources Procurement, Headquarters Nigerian Army Education Corps, 2011-2012.
- Commandant, Command Secondary School,Suleja 2012-2014.
- Head of Department, History and War Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), 2015-2018.
- Registrar, Nigerian Army University Biu 2018-2019.
- Member, Historical Society of Nigeria (HSN).
- Member, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria.
- Member, Exam Ethics Marshal International and Vice-President,
- Member, Editorial Board, Ibom Journal of History, University of Uyo.
, Journal of History and Military Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna and Historical Society of Nigeria (HSN).
His decorations include;
- Forces Service Star (FSS)
- Meritorious Service Star (MSS) and
- Distinguished Service Star (DSS)
- Chief of Army Staff Award as the overall best participant for 2013 NAEC Executive Management Course.
- Nigerian Institute for Public Relations (NIPR) Special Recognition Award (2014).
- Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Public Services/
Fellowship FCAI by Institute of Corporate Administration.
- Professional National Award (Historical Society of Nigeria HSN)
- COAS Commendation Letter 2018.
- Assessed for promotion from Senior Lecturer to Associate Professor at Nigerian Defence Acedemy, Kaduna 2017/2018.
Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim is happily married and blessed with children.