Listen to PDF documents. Make your phone read out documents to you while you listen to it.
It’s no longer news that everything is going digital. We can have a thousand and one documents on our phones while travelling to different places. This has made documentation easier. The documents can either be books, PDFs, HTMLs, .doc or .txt files.
Read on screen web pages, news articles, long emails, TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documens, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW and FB2 ebooks and more
Reading of documents on our phones is easier and comes in handy on different occasions. There’s a load of advantages that backs up reading files on our phones. However, this advantages are not always far from their disadvantages.
We can easily have access to read a book on our devices whether or not there is lighting in the room, as our phones get to produce its lighting for itself. We can easily scan through pages of a book for a particular word. We can go on and on stating benefits of having and reading documents on our phones.
What if our phones can do the reading out while we do the listening?
Some people get to feel a book when they read it themselves. Some other persons would appreciate listening to book over a speaker or headphone.
Good thing is, some of the disadvantages incurred in reading documents on our phones can be corrected through listening. Yea! You know right?
Listening to documents can come in handy when,
- Your eyes hurt or is malfunctioning.
- you have a presentation to make and have written points outline and summary – just listen to it before your presentation.
- You can’t wait to finish that exiting novel and you need to make something to eat – just listen to the novel while multitasking.
- You have a book you’d like the family to read – just plug your phone to a speaker and allow it read out the book to everyone at a go.
- Some persons would prefer listening to stuffs than reading stuffs.
@Voice Aloud Reader
To start reading document now, download and install @Voice Aloud Reader on google playstore. Download App Here
@Voice Aloud Reader is an HTML reader, document reader and ebook reader all in one, both for reading on-screen, or listening when your eyes hurt, malfunction or you’re busy elsewhere.
- Open text, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documents or HTML files from Android file system for reading aloud.
- Click “Share” or “Send by Email” button/menu item in any app to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or a headset.
- When sharing web pages to @Voice, their menus, navigation, ads, other junk are removed, leaving clean text to read or listen.
- If “Share” is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
- Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
- Option to instantly read aloud text copied to clipboard.
- Read ebooks on screen with their original formatting, images shown, turn pages or read continuously. Or put headphones, turn off screen and listen!
- Handles Chinese and Japanese vertical text (right to left mode) under Android 4.4 and higher, or switch it to horizontal mode if preferred.
- Easily add saved Pocket articles to @Voice reading list – in Read List screen, press Menu – Add articles from Pocket, then read on screen or listen being read aloud.
- Record spoken articles to sound files – WAV (uncompressed) or OGG (compressed) formats supported.
- Long-press word and/or select a longer phrase to view dictionaries, translations, Wikipedia, Web search and more.
- Speech correction for TTS, optionally using Regular Expressions (RegEx)
- Desktop/laptop Google Chrome browser extension to add articles to @Voice reading list with one click.
- Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
- Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence or to next/previous article on list.
- Auto-recognize the language to use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with “Select language” menu item.
- Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
- Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
- Now compatible with Smart Headset Assistant.
Pheeew! That says it all. There’s so much to do with @Voice Aloud Reader.