Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted Sandwich Degree Programmes in the Lagos State University, LASU, Ojo.
Faculty of Education
An award of B.Sc Ed, B.A Ed and B.E will be issued for a four(4) and five (5) years sandwich degree programmes in the following courses:
- Human Kinetics Sports and Health Education
- Health Education
- Educational Technology and Computer Science Education
- Political Science
- Business Education,
- Accounting Education and
- Educational Management
- Christian Religious Studies
- Islamic Religious Studies
- Yoruba and
- Early Childhood and Primary Education
- Guidance and Counseling Education
Admission Requirements for LASU Sandwich Programme
- Five (5) ‘0’ Level Credit or TCII Merit Passes at not more than two (2) sittings and two (2) of the subjects at ‘A’ Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas
- A University/Polytechnic two (2) -year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level
Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory for all courses
Studies with Subject Area Requirements
- English Major: Credits Pass in Literature in English Language and English Language at ‘0’ Level or its equivalent
- Economic Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics
- Human Kinetics Sports and Health Education; Political Science Major: At least a Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics at ‘0’ Level or its equivalent
- Health Education Major: (i) A Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics (ii) Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificates, Environmental Health, Diploma from School of Health Technology Plus five  ‘0’ Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language
- ICAN [Part II] CIS [Part II] are acceptable for Economics
- Holders of Certificate issued by recognized Arabic Institution who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE ‘0’ Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfillment of other entry requirements, NCE [Arabic] at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- LASU accepts any other Arts/Social Sciences subject in lieu of Yoruba Language.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, Social Work, Health Administration, Certificate in coaching, Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports with at least overall grades of Merit Plus five  ‘0’ Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also acceptable for Human Kinetics Sports and Health Education
LASU Sandwich Course Duration
The sandwich programme in the Lagos State University, LASU, shall cover a period of four and five years. The following are reasons for having varying course durations.
- Four Year Degree Programme: The four year Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE/ND Merit/Upper Credit grade and above.
- Five year Degree Programme: The five  year Degree Programme is designed for candidates with WASC/SSCE/TC II and NCE who fall short of entry qualification for the four year Sandwich Degree Programme.
How to Apply for LASU Sandwich Programme
To apply for the 2019/2020 LASU Sandwich Programme, candidates should follow the procedures below.
- Visit the University portal here
- Make payment of 10,000 NGN as application fee.
- Obtain and fill the application Form correctly.
- Submit application Form.
Candidates should also note that are required to submit application forms and O’ Level scratch cards to the Directorate of Sandwich Degree Programme.
Any applicant who pays money to any individual or into other account/or through other means aside from the one above, does so to his/her own disadvantage.
The Closing date for the sandwich degree application shall be Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Entrance Examination and Interview will hold on Saturday, 27th July, 2019 by 8:00am, at New Faculty of Science Complex halls and Old Faculty of Science Classrooms. Candidates are advised to come along with their writing materials, originals and photocopies of all their credentials.