The Lagos State University, LASU, has Commenced admission exercise for Pre-degree studies (PDS) programme. Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for 2019/2020 academic session. The Lagos State University Foundation Programme, will commence October, 2019.
The Programme shall run for a Twelve (12) Calendar months from October 2019 through September 2020.
Pre-degree studies is a programme to prepare candidates with deficiency in their O’Level results for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME. This is to create privileges in order to gain admission into the 100 Level Degree programmes of Lagos State University.
The Programme is located at the Lagos State University, Epe Campus.
Requirements for LASU Pre Degree Admission
- Candidates must have Credit Passes in at least three (3) of the following subjects Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Government, Economics, Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies (CRS) and Accounting at Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, GCE or NECO at NOT more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates who meet the admission requirements will be invited for a written qualifying examination.
What courses will be offered?
The subjects to be offered are:
- English Language
- Literature in English
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
Eligibility for entrance into 100 level
For transition to 100 Level, each candidate is expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and OBTAIN the minimum JAMB Cut Off Mark for the University Admission as well as comply with the University Screening requirements as may be prescribed.
In addition, all candidates with deficiencies in their O’ Level results are to REGISTER for WAEC and /or NECO, and are expected to pass all the relevant subjects in which they have deficient.
Successful Candidates are eligible to be allocated to the 100 Level Courses of related Faculties/Schools/College: Engineering, Science, Management Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Law, Agriculture, Transport, Mass Communication, Nursing, Dentistry and College of Medicine, at the end of the Programme.
On admission, if any Candidate voluntarily withdraws after two (2) weeks, a month or two , from the Programme, only 30% request for refund of school fee can be made by such Candidate before the end of First Term of the Calendar Year. Any request made after that period will NOT be entertained.
The PERFORMANCE of the current Pre-Degree Candidates in the 2019 UTME is as follows: above 200 (65.4%), 180-199(23.6%) and others (11%) respectively.
How to apply for LASU Pre Degree studies
To apply for LASU Pre Degree Studies ;
- All Prospective candidates are to visit www.lasu.edu.ng
- Select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top
- Make the required payment of Ten Thousand Naira (10,000 NGN) only for the 2019/2020 LASU Pre – Degree Studies.
- After payment, Candidate should proceed to register online
- ensure your details are properly entered.
The closing date shall be Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Any applicant who pays money to any individual/other account / or through other means aside from the one above, does so, to his/her own disadvantage.
The programme is residential. Candidates offered admission into the programme will be accommodated at the Epe Campus of the Lagos State University.