The Lagos State University, LASU, has Commenced admission exercise for foundation programme. Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for 2019/2020 academic session. The Lagos State University Foundation Programme, will commence August, 2019.
The Programme shall run for a Twelve (12) Calendar months from August 2019 through July 2020.
The foundation programme is an intensive programme to prepare candidates for the JUPEB Examinations and subsequent admission into 200 Level Degree Programmes offered by the Lagos State University (LASU) and other JUPEB AFFILIATED UNIVERSITIES.
The Programme is located at the Lagos State University Foundation Programme Campus, ASCON Road, Topo, Badagry.
Requirements for LASU Admission
The following are the requirements for an admission for JUPEB programme in LASU.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Credit Passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language is required for all candidates who intend to study courses in Medicine/Dentistry/Nursing/Agricultural Science, Science Education, Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Engineering, at least a Credit Pass in Mathematics is compulsory. Prospective Applicants are advised to visit the University Website, www.lasu.edu.ng for detailed admission requirements.
- Students who meet the admission requirements will be invited for a written qualifying examination.
- Successful candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of 25,000 NGN (Twenty-Five Thousand Naira only).
The available courses includes:
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Arabic Studies and French studies
- Christian Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
- English Language
- History and International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Yoruba and Communication Arts
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Education & Chemistry
- Education & Yoruba
- Education & Biology
- Education & Islamic Studies
- Education & French
- Education & Geography
- Education & History
- Education & Physics
- Physical & Health Education
- Education & English Language
- Education & Christian Religious Studies
- Education & Arabic
- Education & Economics
- Education & Political Science
- Education & Guidance and Counselling
- Education & Mathematics
- Education & Computer Science
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical and Polymer Engineering
FACULTY OF LAW
- Common Law
- Common and Islamic Law
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Computer Science
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Public Administration
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Geography and Planning
- Political Science
SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
- Transport Management and Operation
- Transport Planning and Policy
- Transport Technology and Infrastructure
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Radio & Television Broadcasting
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Medicine and Surgery
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
After JUPEB in LASU what next?
At the end of the intensive preparations, candidates will sit for the JUPEB Examinations. Successful candidates and only successful candidates will transit to 200 Level and will be allocated courses based on the level of performance each student had gained.
- Successful candidates that will be enrolled in the Degree Programmes at 200 Level must purchase the JAMB Direct Entry Form
- Students who fail may be allowed to repeat the Programme
- On admission, if any student voluntary withdraws from the programme, request for refund of School Fee will NOT be entertained.
How to apply for LASU JUPEB programme
All qualified applicants who have met the requirements stated above are required to visit www.lasu.edu.ng/foundation in order to pay a non-refundable application fee.
The sum of 15,000 NGN (Fifteen Thousand Naira only) is to be paid. The online application Form should be filled appropriately.
The CLOSING DATE for the online application Form is Wednesday, 14th August, 2019
LASU JUPEB Qualifying Examination Date
A Qualifying Examination for admission into the programme will hold on Saturday, 17th August, 2019, 11:00am at the LASU Foundation Programme Campus, ASCON Road, Topo, Badagry.
When Do We Begin Lectures?
Lectures for the 2019/2020 LASU JUPEB foundational programme will Commence on Monday, 2nd September, 2019
The University has hostel accommodation together with transportation. Allocation of the available spaces would be on first-come-first-serve basis.
You can always share your thoughts via the comment section below.